How It Works
When it comes to agricultural sub-irrigation/drainage, the design process can take 2-4 weeks. Because we want our loyal customers to be educated about each phase of the drainage setup, you will find a quick overview of what you can expect along the way below.
Phases of Drainage Process:
- Initial consultation – Just as the name suggests, this is our expert’s opportunity to get acquainted with any pre-existing drainage system materials, such as old land maps, and to learn about your goals.
- Site Orientation – A physical visit to the plot of land allows our professionals to identify the presence of any existing drainage system, as well as assess surface drainage conditions. Using our John Deere Gator, we cover the field, collecting survey data with our GPS equipment in order to create a topographical map that is used to design the system. At this time, we will also create an estimated project timeline, so you can stay up-to-date on the progress.
- Design Development – After reviewing the information gathered in the field and other related factors, a design for your one-of-a-kind irrigation/drainage system will be developed. We will select quality products when designing your irrigation/drainage system.
- Submit Design/Quote – Upon the creation of an irrigation/drainage design, we will submit it to you for approval. Upon your acceptance of the design, we will offer you a quote for the proposed installation, including the quantities and prices for the mains, laterals, irrigation supply pipe, and water control structures, and any other aspects the project may include.
- Installation – Upon the approval of a drainage design, your system will be strategically installed with a self-contained plow using accurate RTK-corrected GPS with automatic grade control. After the tile has been installed, the last phase is placing the dirt over the tile lines to allow the dirt displaced by the plow during installation to settle over the pipe.
- Completion – Once the installation phase is completed, the last step is to take the as-installed maps recorded by the plow and give you paper and electronic copies for your records.
Have questions about the drainage installation process? Call (660) 386-0160.
Proudly serving Missouri, Kansas and the surrounding Midwestern states.